f/m/d | Cambridge, MA, USA
Lipotype is a 10-year-old biotech company employing about 30 employees with its corporate headquarter in Dresden, Germany, and a US subsidiary in Cambridge, MA. We are looking to fill the position of Account Manager for its Cambridge, MA office, who can help the company to meet its ambitious growth targets in the US market.
We are an innovative lipidomics provider and deliver lipid analysis services for drug development of pharma/biotech companies, product development of cosmetics and food industry, as well as for academic researchers. Their mass spectrometry-based technology offers identification and quantification of over 4200 different lipid species. We are a spin-off company from the world-renowned Max-Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics in Germany.
We operate globally with scientists and researchers from Asia, Europe, North America, and South America relying on our analyses.
Our international team of molecular biologists, biostatisticians, physicians, biochemists, mass spectrometry specialists, and bioinformatics experts has set ourselves the task of contributing to a better understanding of life and health with the help of detailed access to lipid data.
The mission of Lipotype is to become a global leader for health promotion.
The ideal candidate likes working with the latest Life Sciences Research and Technology as well as new therapeutic approaches in academia and industry.
Given the global nature of the business and the age of the company, the candidate must possess an entrepreneurial mind-set, be a self-starter, and can work with limited supervision.
The role grants constant and direct contact with senior level positions within our organization as well as our customers’ organizations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Responsible for new customer acquisition, customer care and relationship building with existing customers in the US
• Primary contact for US customers along the whole customer journey and coordination with other teams to
discuss and realize customer projects
• Perform sales negotiations (e.g., quote, price, contracts)
• Plan, execute and follow-up (virtual) sales events as well as represent the company at symposia, trade-fairs, and conferences in the US
• Analyzing sales KPIs and market trends to identify emerging areas of focus and opportunity for improving sales productivity
• Developing and driving the company’s KOL relationships
• Implementing marketing campaigns in cooperation with company’s Marketing team
• Working in an interdisciplinary environment in close cooperation with company’s analytical and marketing teams
• Contribute to the company’s strategic planning by providing feedback (derived from customer interaction) about interests and requests of current & potential clients
• Provide Competitor analysis and business intelligence
• President / CEO
• Account Managers
• Sales Assistant
• Technical Sales
• Lab team
• Leadership team
• existing Customers from Academia and Industry (hierarchy level ranges from Scientist, Staff Scientist, PI to CSO)
• new Leads
• The position is in Cambridge, MA
• Master’s degree and/or PhD in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or equivalent
• Previous work experience in sales and/or customer support would be advantageous
• Experience with biotech, pharma and/or cosmetics companies and their needs
• Previous work experience in lipid biology is not a requirement, but would be a big plus
• Excellent Communication skills: ability to build good personal relationships with highly technical scientists
and lab managers
• Creative, adaptable, capable of self-motivation and independence
• Customer oriented and customer facing attitude: the ability to build relationships based on trust and longterm commitment
• Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to prioritize
• Optimistic and persistent
• Flexible, resilient, and reliable
• Thinking and working across divisions
• Personal commitment and ability to work under pressure
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 – Job offer: Account Manager